Thursday 22 May 2008

I'd Love to Meet You for a Date Tonight, Maybe Two

Another hurried 'Post' I'm afraid but things are quite frantic.

Tonight as I mentioned on the 'Forum,' yesterday, Maureen Cox has kindly agreed to help me and anyone else who would care to turn up by making sure that our downhill walking actions comply with the rules.

For anyone who has designs on a top ten placing, I reckon it is very important as 'Time Penalties' are to be used for the first time for walkers breaking contact with the ground and hard earned time gained could be very easily added.

Whatever style you use to propel yourself, it is best to be able to walk with confidence, though it won't actually be Mo judging on the day it is useful to know what the officials are looking for and at.

The session will start at approximately 17:45 on the Marine Drive which has some fairly decent hills on the closed section. If you want any further information or know where exactly to meet, call me on 491695.

Immediately following is the Open 5K walking race on the TT Access Road which is a good short, sharp test and the second last race as far as I am aware before 'P Day.' Signing on for this 'FREE' race is at the Manx Harriers Clubhouse

I hope to see as many of you as possible this evening at either or both events.

No comments: